Well Kelowna, it’s that time of year again. The birds are out, the street sweepers have returned, the sunshine has come out of hiding and so have the highlights! Every year around this time we see a huge increase in foiling services. Whether you are going full Ellie Goulding and blonding out all of your locks or just brightening up your fall/winter color a little, the truth remains, highlights, heat and sunshine can be hard on your hair!
So, what is the best way to care for you hair over the summer??
First off you need to start with a really good shampoo and conditioner! These are the foundation to your hair care routine and when it comes down to it, buying professional is DEFINITELY worth it! (We will explain why in our next blog post!) We recommend:
- Bumble and Bumble Mending Shampoo ($38) and Conditioner ($42) for the extremely blonde.
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Invisible Oil Shampoo ($38) and Conditioner ($42) for any color client who craves moisture.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Shampoo ($29) and Conditioner ($31) for those who don’t need extra moisture and like an undone natural beachy look.
- Davines Melu Shampoo (30.99) and Conditioner ($42) for those who need extra strength in their ends over the summer.
Second, a leave in conditioner or hair primer with UV protection to block out the drying effects of the sun:
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdessers Invisible Oil Primer ($31) naturally infused with oils this sun protector is super moisturizing.
Third, you need to use heat protection if you are using any form of styling tool:
- Davines Melu Shield ($41.99) This amazing heat protector protects up to 450 degrees and it keeps protecting your hair until you wash it out!
Last but not least we recommend a good hair mask at least once a month to replenish your hair:
- Bumble and Bumble Mending Mask ($48) for the blonde addicts and those who have chemical and heat damage.
- Davines Nourishing Hair Building Pak ($41) It restructures and nourishes the hair shaft leaving the hair soft, shiny and full-bodied.
All of these products are available at Fringe:Hair. If you are ever curious what products are right for your hair type, ask one of our knowledgeable stylists. We are always happy to help and find a product that works best for you!